The Training Experience
Training here with us will ensure:
- A quality first and bespoke training experience, delivered by outstanding practitioners, where you will become part of our family from the very beginning treated as colleagues rather than 'students'.
- Full access to student support and facilities at the University of Manchester
- An induction day starting on the first day of term and a training conference pre term start. The aim of the conference is to develop your confidence and help you to build on prior experience at your own pace. It will also enable you to meet other course participants and widen your learning and professional network.
- Mentoring provision throughout the course from experienced school leaders with a proven track record of outstanding teaching and leadership. Appointed mentors will guide you through all aspects of the programme including support in writing application letters and securing employment.
- Regular observations of outstanding lessons across the Pennine Teaching Alliance across the full age spectrum from EYFS to KS4.
- A combination of subject specialism and professional development days delivered on site at local partner schools, reducing your travel time into central Manchester and ensuring you familiarise yourself with the schools in the local area. In addition, this school based approach to training ensures a hands on approach with maximum exposure to ‘life in school throughout the school year.
- A bespoke professional development programme shadowing school leaders and classroom practitioners within the Pennine Teaching Alliance
- Quality assurance across the alliance from both the University of Manchester and the Directors of the Pennine Teaching Alliance.
- Fantastic employment opportunities in our partnership schools
- Access to additional support after your training year through our Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) and Early Career Teacher (RQT) programmes.
- Future CPD and Leadership training opportunities through our bespoke CPD programme and NPQ leadership courses