Applications and Entry Criteria
Applications and entry criteria
If you are interested in the Pennine Teaching Alliance School Direct programme for training during the academic year 2021-2022, you should:
- Check that you meet the University of Manchester requirements for your chosen subject and phase.
- If you wish to visit one of our schools to discuss the course or your application further or to arrange a school experience visit then please contact Ann Holmes email@example.com or 01282 865200
Secondary Courses on offer click here
- Be qualified to degree level, at 2:2 or above (or in their final year of University with a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade).
- For Secondary your degree should be relevant to the subject you want to teach. We also consider related A-Level qualifications where your degree is not directly related for our Maths and Physics courses.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
Pennine Teaching Alliance are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of our young people
- Have a positive outlook
- Are independent, resilient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable, with the ability to engage young people
- Are enthusiastic about their subject(s) and are continuing to develop their subject knowledge
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management skills
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice
- Have high standards of spoken and written English
- Demonstrate a professional attitude
- Have made a considered and informed decision to train to teach