Skip to content ↓

Reports & Trackers

Frequently asked questions 2020-21

How often will school send a Tracker or Report home?

At the end of every term (Autumn, Spring, Summer) a tracker report including; attendance, attitude to learning scores, subject benchmarks and progress to benchmark is sent home. In the Summer term students receive a written report including a pastoral overview from your child’s Form Tutor/Director of House. This written report also includes competencies and targets set by subject teachers.

What is a good ‘attitude to learning’ score?

The Colne Park High School standard is a score of 6, anything more suggests an excellent attitude to learning.  A score of less than 6 suggests there is room for improvement in one or more areas.

What is a pass grade in the new 1-9 GCSE scale?

The Department for Education has published that the new equivalent of a grade C, or a ‘standard pass’ is a grade 4.  A grade 5 is considered a ‘strong pass’.

At what stage should my son/daughter achieve their benchmark grade?

Benchmark grades for all years are set for the end of their GCSE studies in Year 11 based upon KS2 results and contextual information.  Some students may achieve this benchmark grade before this but it is not unusual for students to be behind their target grades into Year 11.

Park High School use Fischer Family Trust (FFT) to set aspirational benchmarks matching them to the DfE national pupil database. We set high aspirational benchmarks based on the top 20% of students in the country.

What are competencies?

A competency is a specific level of skill, knowledge or understanding that your son/daughter has mastered during the course of the academic year in a subject.  This may still need to be revisited and revised before the external examinations!

What are subject targets?

This is the target set by the class teacher to help your son/daughter improve in this subject.  It should be something they can work on both in class and at home, where appropriate.

Where can I find out information about my son/daughters achievements, behaviour, punctuality and contribution to extra-curricular activities?

This can be found in the written comments from Form Tutors and Progress Leaders.

What can I do if I have a question or a problem with my son/daughter’s report?

If there are any issues with the report please do not hesitate to contact us in school.  The first contact for general enquiries is your son/daughter’s form tutor.  For subject enquiries please contact the classroom teacher for that subject.  Details can be found by ringing the school or on the school website