Values & Ethos
"No One Gets Left Behind"
We are a school committed to raising aspirations and bringing out the best in all students.
Our students will strive to attain exceptionally high levels of academic achievement and personal development. Teachers and other staff will unfailingly reassure students that by working together there are no barriers that they cannot overcome to achieve their full potential. Students will leave Park High School with the skills, confidence and drive to achieve their future aspirations and to make a lasting contribution to the communities they live in.
Our mission is to develop young people with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each young person: morally, socially, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Clarity of Expectations
Accountability of Staff
- All staff are responsible for taking all necessary action to ensure no student falls behind Park High School's Expectations for Student Progress.
Accountability of School Leaders
- The principal responsibility of all school leaders is to ensure student's progress is at least in line with Park High School's Expectations for Student Progress within their areas of responsibility.
Quality of Teaching
- Immediate action must be taken to address any teaching which does not result in students making progress over time that is less than Park High School's Expectations for Student Progress.
Behaviour for Learning
- Immediate action must be taken to address any behaviour for learning issues which may stop a student from achieving Park High School's Expectations for Student Progress.
- If a student is not on track to achieve Park High School's Expectations for Students Progress parents must be immediately informed and consulted about an action to get their child back on track.
Accurate and Informative Assessment
- Regular assessment must accurately measure students' current attainment and projected attainment at the end of a Key Stage and identify specific areas of improvement required so each student can achieve Park High School's Expectations for Student Progress.
The Park High Voice
Everyone matters here at Park High and our overall visions as a team and community come from every single area of the school. We are all working together to achieve the same goals.
Our Key to Success
A Caring approach: The welfare of our students is closely monitored, working with the student and their families, to help them progress and to offer them support and guidance. Our latest Ofsted Report said ‘Well organised arrangements for care, guidance and support ensure the well-being of students and successfully support their learning’ and ‘Careful thought goes into curriculum planning and setting arrangements to meet the needs of different groups. These include nurture groups for vulnerable students and additional provision for the most able, which has improved significantly since the last inspection and is now a strength of the school
Build excellent relationships: Excellent relationships between staff and students make a school what it is. We want our students to take an active role in their learning and school life, sharing a mutual respect and working together with staff to fulfil their potential.
Good behaviour: Students appreciate the impact of good behaviour and dedication on learning and they are encouraged to get actively involved in lessons and all parts of school life.
Target Set: We aim to offer challenge and aspiration for our students in relation to their abilities.
Celebrate Success: Park High’s culture is to celebrate hard work and achievement through many different methods. Our students leave school with good career prospects after achieving at GCSE, BTEC AND GNVQ levels. Many go on to A Level success at other colleges and finally move onto university to kick-start their professional careers.